Baldwin Locomotive Works - Plant Switchers

Also see Baldwin Diesel Demonstrators

indicates an existing unit on the Roster of Existing Baldwin Diesels

listed by road number

BLW 62000
Baldwin Photo
1

8-0E-660/1 E
c/n 62000, b/d 10/1936
- Baldwin's first non-boxcab diesel locomotive
- served as Baldwin Eddystone plant switcher #1 from 1941 to early 1950's
- after the 1950 BLH merger moved to Hamilton, OH as plant switcher
- see class 8-0E-660/1 E for detailed history

BLW 299
Baldwin Lococmotives Magazine, Feb. 1940
299

8-DE-660/1 E
(pre-VO660)
c/n 62299, b/d 4/1939
- first diesel locomotive to be built with the standard line car-body
- served as Baldwin Eddystone plant switcher from 1939 to early 1950's
- after the 1950 BLH merger moved to Lima, OH as plant switcher until 1966
- see class 8-DE-660/1 E for detailed history




Sorry, no photo yet



300

VO1000
c/n 62334, b/d 3/1940

- built as Baldwim Demo 334
- sold to Minneapolis & St. Louis as D-340
- returned as trade-in for D-145, VO1000, 1944
- served as Baldwin Eddystone plant switcher #300 from 1944 to 1950
- 1950 sold to Patapsco & Back Rivers as #300




Sorry, no photo yet



301

DS4-4-750
c/n 74813, b/d 7/1950

- built as Baldwin Eddystone Switcher 301 to replace #300
- served as Baldwin Eddystone plant switcher #301 from 1950 to 1956
- upgraded to 800hp and sold to Weyerhaeuser Timber as #301, 1956
- to SP as #1091
- to Texas South-Eastern as #301
- to R. J. Corman as #301


The copyrights for all photos are assumed to rest with the photographers.

data source: bibliography [2], [6] & [11]


back to - USA - Northeast
back to - Table of Contents