In August 1950 plans were announced for the merger of Baldwin Locomotive
Works and the Lima-Hamilton Corporation. The merger became effective November 30, 1950 with the
creation of the Baldwin-Lima-Hamilton Corporation. No new orders were taken for the Lima-Hamilton
line of locomotives. The last Lima-Hamilton diesel delivered was PRR 5683,
a 2500 hp transfer unit, in September 1951.
BLH Photo - collection of Alan Partee
The above photos were sent to us by Alan Partee. Alan's father was a draftsman at BLH from the 20's to the 60's; he appears first on the left in the photos.