Baldwin Replacement and Renewal Parts History


In 1956 the standard line of Baldwin diesel-electric locomotives was discontinued. At that time they amounted only to a small percentage of the total business at Baldwin-Lima-Hamilton yet the BLH Industrial Equipment Division continued to supply replacement and renewal parts for Baldwin diesel engines and locomotives.

By the mid 1960's BLH had become a subsidiary of Armour and Company. In the early 1970's the Baldwin-Hamilton Company, started by former BLH employees and through the purchase of assets from Armour, continued the replacement and renewal parts business. The company closed in 1991.

The following magazine advertisements cover this entire period, they have been generously contributed to this website by Henry Rentschler. Mr. Rentschler has been an employee of Lima-Hamilton, BLH and finally the Baldwin-Hamilton Co., where he served as President.


1958
1958
1959
1959

1960
1960
1961
1961
1962
1962

1964
1964
1964
1964
1964
1964

1965
1965
1965
1965
1965
1965

1967
1967
1967
1967
1967
1967

1968
1968
1968
1968

1970
1970
1970
1970

1971
1971
1972
1972

All ads generously contributed by Henry Rentschler from his collection.


back to - Diesel Engine Development Time Line
back to - Table of Contents